Josey Lake Park | Bridgeland
Bridgeland, an 11,400-acre master planned community in Cypress, Texas, has been successfully implementing its overarching vision to create balance by connecting its residents to nature, education, culture, and recreation. Clark Condon has assisted this client on the design of parks and streetscapes within the community. Josey Lake Park, a 140-acre, regional community park, includes a playground, boardwalks, central lake, birding tower, events pavilion, boat house and forestation plantings layered with active and passive recreational elements. The central and prominent location of the park reinforces the community goals of connectivity and access to recreation, trails, commerce and schools. Clark Condon designed and created the Master Plan and detailed design for this iconic park.
Learn more about how this necessary utility was transformed into an iconic amenity here.
This project has won multiple awards including:
- 2021 ULI Development of Distinction Awards: Vanguard Award, People’s Choice Award
- 2020 PRISM Award: Master Planned Community of the Year
- 2019 Architect’s Newspaper Best of Design Awards: First Place Winner – Landscape, Public
- 2019 Texas American Society of Landscape Architects: Award of Excellence
- 2019 Architect’s Newspaper, Best of Design – Landscape
- 2018 Texas Association of Builders: Best Amenity in Texas
- 2017 H-GAC Parks and Natural Areas: Planning Award
This project has been featured in several publications including:
- March 2019: Landscape Architecture and Specifier News
|CLIENT:||The Howard Hughes Corporation|
|SERVICES:||Master Planning through CA|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Community Park. Endless Programming Opportunities. Events + Gathering Spaces. Playground. Pavilion. Sustainable Landscapes. Amenitized Stormwater Management System.|