In 1839 Christ Church was a small parish situated in the middle of a tiny, swampy settlement town. Today, Christ Church Cathedral rests in the heart of what has become downtown Houston. In 2007, a full block adjacent to the historic site was renovated and adapted for mixed- use. Part of this effort created a quarter-block open space called Nancy’s Garden which has many welcoming amenities including: a water feature, shade structures, seating, gardens and an open courtyard. Clark Condon designed this special place which has significantly thrived, and although it is surrounded by a hurried urban setting, people can stop there to rest and peacefully reflect.
|CLIENT:||LAN + Page|
|SERVICES:||Design through CA|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Renovated Historic Site. Garden. Water Feature. Shade Structures. Seating. Open Courtyard.|